Recovering from Mold Toxicity

Mold Exposure

Mold exposure is likely more common than we realize. It is often found indoors after leaks or water damage occur. It is often challenging to confirm mold exposure in homes because it often hides behind drywall, growing hidden from sight.

As mold grows, spores are released into the air and circulated through vents and ducts in the home. These spores are then inhaled by the people living there.


Alternatively mold may be ingested directly by eating certain foods, such as corn, oats, wheat, peanuts, cottonseed, rye, barley, and coffee.

Mold exposure can have toxic and damaging effects on health. Symptoms can include:

  • Cough
  • Head pressure/Headaches
  • Fatigue
  • Light sensitivity
  • Digestive issues
  • Rashes
  • Lack of motivation
  • Brain fog
  • Chronic sinusitis
  • Dizziness
  • Joint pain
  • Memory problems
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Shortness of breath
  • Psychiatric symptoms


Removing the Source of Mold

Testing & Remediation:


Air Purifiers:



  • For coffee drinkers, get organic, mold-free certified coffee and use a french press.
  • Avoid peanuts because shells are commonly filled with mold.

Mycotoxin Testing

Work with a functional medicine doctor to assess what kind of mycotoxins you may have in your body. A urine mycotoxin test is usually administered, though others may be as well. Treatment will vary depending on which mycotoxins and what levels are detected.



  • IV therapy: High dose Vitamin C, Glutathione, NAD+, Ozone
  • Colonics & enemas



  • NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
  • VItamin C
  • Tudca


Resources to learn more about recovery from mold:

The statements contained in this document have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting any health, exercise or nutritional supplement program and/or before using our products and services during pregnancy, and/or if you have a serious medical condition.