From a HealthSpan by Design perspective, it is critical to address the root cause of any symptom or disease rather than simply address the immediate presentation of symptoms or pain. There are MANY treatments that can make a profound difference in optimizing our health.
Below is a list of possible treatments. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list. We recommend working with a doctor to create your personalized treatment plans. While choosing your health practitioner, keep in mind that there are many forms of medicine in the world.
Conventional medicine, also known as western or allopathic medicine, is how the majority of doctors are trained. It is an evidence-based system that treats symptoms using conventional therapies which may include such treatments as pharmacological drugs, surgery, or radiation.
Functional medicine incorporates a more holistic approach and typically requires additional medical training. Functional medicine doctors (MD, DO, ND) utilize a patient-centered approach focusing on identifying and addressing the root cause of disease which includes looking at the patient’s history, biology, genetics, environment, and lifestyle. Treating the cause can lead to lasting benefits beyond symptom suppression.
IV therapy allows the body to receive nutrients, supplements, and other beneficial substances directly into the bloodstream. Bypassing the GI tract allows for optimal absorption and utilization. In IV therapy, higher doses of these substances provide increased benefits to the body.
Colon hydrotherapy is the process of cleansing the colon using water. Our colon accumulates toxic waste over many years, particularly when eating a standard Western diet. This build-up of waste can negatively impact the digestion of food and our absorption of nutrients, both of which can play a large role in our overall health and vitality. Administered by a professional practitioner, colon hydrotherapy helps return the colon to optimal functioning by cleaning out this waste.
The two main methods of colon hydrotherapy are:
- Pressurized machine method (closed system) in which water is pumped into and extracted from the body via a pressurized tube
- Gravity method (open system) in which water is allowed to gently flow into and out of the body via gravity
Look for a colon hydrotherapist in your local area for regular maintenance sessions.
Angel Farms in Hawaii offers a comprehensive ten-day cleansing process with gravity colon hydrotherapy.
Peptides are amino acid chains that act as signals sent between cells in your body. This cutting-edge treatment has recently been in the spotlight for its ability to regenerate cells and restore health. There is evidence that peptide treatment can help you:
- Decrease inflammation
- Improve digestion
- Increase metabolism
- Enhance immune system
- Boost energy
- Reduce joint pain
- Improve memory
- Support specific organs in need
Peptides are best obtained by trained practitioners in peptide therapies.
Enemas are similar to colon hydrotherapy in that they help to clean toxins out of the colon. They differ in a few ways. During an enema, a set volume of liquid is introduced by gravity into the colon and is held for a period of time before being expelled. The main advantage of enemas over colonic hydrotherapy is that they can be self-administered at home with little specialized equipment. There are two main disadvantages: First, they can be less comfortable than colonics because the enema liquid is retained in the colon for a period of time. Second, they don’t clean the deeper (higher) areas of the colon.
Enemas can be performed using water, or other liquids, such as coffee, which can provide more rapid detoxification. You will find detailed instructions on coffee enemas here.
Infrared saunas work by heating the body directly using infrared light, rather than heating the air around the body as in traditional saunas.
Some benefits may include:
- Detoxification of the body through the skin, one of the body’s main detoxification pathways
- Reducing inflammation and improving energy production in the cell
- Reduce stress and fatigue and improve mood
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Stimulate your immune system
- Relieve and reduce pain
Portable dome saunas are the most economical and space-efficient at-home saunas. It’s important to choose one that uses non-toxic materials and has low EMF. Here are two recommended high-quality brands that make dome saunas:
- https://1lovehealth.com/ (low emf, home dome saunas)
- Contact at the company: Cathy Freund <CFreund@sunlighten.com>. Tell her you are referred by Lalita Shree Maa
More scientific data on saunas:
Ozone is an unstable gas found in the atmosphere where it protects against solar radiation. It is produced by specialized generators for therapeutic use.
Ozone therapy can take many forms:
- Body saunas
- Insufflation into the body cavities (not the lungs)
- Applications to joints and lesions
- Drinking ozonated water
- Using ozonated water for colonics or enemas
- Using ozonated oil on skin or taken internally as a suppository
- Mixing with a patient’s blood and re-injecting through an IV (autohemotherapy). Administered by a professional practitioner, this is the best way to get high doses of ozone to clean the blood when there are infections that are causing illness (often used to treat mold, lyme, and other chronic diseases).
Note: inhaling ozone gas can be dangerous.
Benefits may include:
- Regulate and strengthen the immune system
- Kill harmful pathogens
- Improve circulation and oxygenation of tissues; thus thought to be cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, and useful to reduce pain
The medical use of 02 in a pressurized environment, greater than 1 atm, supersaturates the blood with 02. Hyperbaric chambers with O2 are commonly used for individuals with traumatic brain injuries and improving cognitive clarity (brain fog).
Hyperbaric oxygen is safe and shown to:
- Support immune function
- Decrease inflammation
- Improve tissue repair by stimulating the formation of new blood vessels
- May support stem cell mobilization and anti-aging effects
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting any health, exercise or nutritional supplement program and/or before using our products and services during pregnancy, and/or if you have a serious medical condition.